See below a list of great and interesting academic – mostly funded – opportunities: 11 calls for papers for conferences and workshops, 4 calls for summer schools, 2 doctoral positions and a job opening in various topics in economic sociology and political economy, with March 15 – 31 deadlines. Share this list with your colleagues and students. Good luck!
Calls for papers:
- CfP: “Social and Solidarity Economy, Sustainability and Innovation: facing former and new social issues”, the 6th CIRIEC International Conference on Social Economy, 29 November – 2 December 2017, Universidade Federal do Amazonas (Manaus, Brazil). DL: March 15
- CfP: “From Philosophy to Critical Social Science and Back“, the 16th Conference of the International Social Theory Consortium, University of Innsbruck (Austria), 24-26 May, 2017. DL: March 15
- CfP: “Deconstructing unitary statehood: hybrid governance in comparative perspective” workshop, Island of Procida, Naples (Italy), 5-6 May 2017. There is no participation fee. Board and lodging might be covered. DL: March 17
- CfP: “Understanding Corporate Crime: Theory and Methods“, the EUROC workshop, August 29-31 2017, Utrecht University (the Netherlands). Attendance: free of charge upon acceptance of abstract. All meals will be provided. DL: March 17
- CfP: “The Other Globalisers: How the Socialist and the Non-Aligned World Shaped the Rise of Post-War Economic Globalisation” conference, Exeter University (UK), July 6-7, 2017. Funding for travel and accommodation is available. DL: 18 March
- CfP: “Making space for feminism in the neo-liberal academy”, the Feminist and Women’s Studies Association conference, University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, UK), September 6-8, 2017. DL: March 24.
- CfP: “Religion and Poverty“, Salzburg Conference in Interdisciplinary Poverty Research, University of Salzburg (Austria), 21 – 22 September, 2017. DL: March 31
- CfP: “Theory and Policy for Developing Countries”, the 2nd New Developmentalism Workshop, Sao Paulo School of Economics (Sao Paulo, Brazil), July 20 – 21, 2017. DL: March 30
- CfP: The 9th International Critical Finance Studies conference, University of Leicester (UK), 3 – 5 August 2017. DL: March 31
- CfP: “The United States and Global Capitalism in the Twentieth Century”, a symposium by Fordham University’s O’Connell Initiative on the Global History of Capitalism, Fordham’s Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan (New York ), March 8-10, 2018. DL: March 31, 2017
- CfP: “Developing Economics: Towards a Critical Research Agenda for Development Economics“, the EAEPE Symposium, Berlin Institute for International Political Economy, 10-11 June 2017. Limited funding is available to make a financial contribution to travel and accommodation expenses. DL: March 31
- CfP: The 6th International Keynesian FMM Summer School for graduate students and junior researchers, IG Metall Bildungszentrum Pichelsee (Berlin), 30 July – 5 August, 2017. A fee of 100 Euro (including accommodation and meals). DL: March 15
- CfP: “Organization of Innovation and Entrepreneurship“, IX Medici Summer School for doctoral students and young researchers, Cambridge (Massachusetts, USA) June 19 – June 23, 2017. There is no fee to participate. Selected candidates will be fully covered in their accommodation expenses provided for the full week. DL: March 30
- CfP: “New thinking on the firm: bringing together Law, Economics, Organization and History“, Trento Summer School in Adaptive Economics Dynamics, University of Trento (Italy), June 5-17, 2017. The School is free of tuition fees. DL: March 31
- CfP: “Economy and Society” PhD summer school, Blackwater Castle, Cork (Ireland) 8-12th of May, 2017. DL: March 31
- Doctoral Fellowship at the Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (Paris). Research topics should be located in economic sociology, political economy, economic or political history . DL: March 15
- PhD Researcher for the project “The role of agency in interconnecting international financial centres”, The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research. DL: March 31.
- Full-time Research Associate in Political Economy or Philosophy, The Smith Institute at Chapman University (Orange, CA, USA). DL: March 31