See below a list of great academic opportunities: calls for papers, PhD and MA fellowships and job openings in various topics and themes in economic sociology and political economy, with June 7 – July 31 deadlines. Share this list with your colleagues and students. Good luck!
Calls for papers:
- CfP: “Credit, Currency & Commerce: New Perspectives in Financial and Monetary History“, Centre for Financial History, Darwin College University of Cambridge, 13-14 September, 2016. DL: July 29.
- CfP: “Shocks and Reconstructions: Histories of Long-Term Inequalities“, University of Tampere, Finland, October 24–25, 2016. DL: July 31
- CfP: “The European Union: the Threat of Disintegration“, the 22nd Conference on Alternative Economic Policy in Europe, University of Coimbra in Portugal, 15-17 September 2016. DL: July 10.
- CfP: The 19th International Conference on International Political Economy and Development, London, 19-20 January 2017. DL: July 19.
- CfP: “Social Network Analysis: Law, Institutions and Social Governance” workshop, Bar-Ilan University (Israel), 11-13 December 2016. DL: July 17.
Jobs and Postdocs:
- Researcher to analyse wealth inequality and its socioeconomic policy consequences, the Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy of the University of Antwerp (Belgium). DL: July 12.
- Researcher (non-resident, for a short term period) for a Research Project on ‘Stakeholder Participation in International Governance’ of the The Centre for Trade and Economic Integration at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva. DL: July 9
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (two years) in Quantitative Sociology at the Economic and Social Research Institute (Dublin). The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to projects in the areas of quality of life and social inequalities (for example, studies relating to poverty, gender equality, and migrant integration). DL: July 7
- 6 PhD scholarships in Economic Sociology and Labour Studies in the Universities of Milan and Brescia (Italy(. DL: July 6
- PhD scholarship for research on the measurement of multidimensional well-being, inequality and poverty, the Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy of the University of Antwerp (Belgium). DL: July 31.
- New Master’s programme “History & Economics“, History Department, University of Bayreuth (Bavaria, Germany). DL: July 15