See below an abundant list of great academic opportunities: calls for papers, postdoc positions and job openings in various themes and topics in economic sociology and political economy, with October 15 – November 15 deadlines. Share this list with your colleagues and students. Good luck!
Calls for Papers:
- CfP: “Marx’s Critique of Political Economy and the Global Crisis Today: On the 150th Anniversary of the Publication of Capital” conference, Hofstra University (Hempstead, New York), 6 April, 2017. Among Plenary Speakers: David W. Harvey. DL: October 15
- CfP: “Practicing the Commons“, the global XVIth Biennial Conference of the International Association for the Study of the Commons Utrecht University (The Netherlands), 10 – 14 July, 2017. There will be a number of grants available to delegates from the Global South and to PhD-students. DL: October 15
- CfP: “Work, Professions and Organizations: Tensions, Paths and Public Policies” conference, New University of Lisbon (Portugal), 24-25 November 2016. DL: October 16.
- CfP for a Panel “Economics and Language Use: The pragmatics of economics experts’ engagement with non-specialists“, at the 15th International Pragmatics Conference, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 16-21 July 2017. DL: October 16
- CfP: “Living in an Age of Precarity: Living and Lives in 21st Century Asia” conference, National University of Singapore, February 27-28, 2017. DL: October 17
- CfP: “Household Resilience and Crisis in Europe” conference, RESCuE project, WZB – Berlin Social Science Centre, January 18, 2017. The best abstracts will be rewarded with a travel support grant up to € 300 each. DL: October 17
- CfP: “Re-Connecting Work and Political Economy“, the 34th International Labour Process Conference and pre-conference PhD workshop, University of Sheffield, 4-6 th April, 2017. DL: October 21
- CfP: “The Cost of Freedom: Debt and Slavery” conference, Brooklyn College, City University of New York, 19-20 May, 2017. Several bursaries of up to 500 dollars to be awarded on the basis of greatest need. DL: October 31
- CfP: “Whose Welfare? Fresh Perspectives on the Post-war Welfare State and its Global Entanglements” workshop, Leiden University, on 19-20 January, 2017. Some funds can be made available on a competitive basis, particularly intended for junior scholars and for those without research funds. DL: November 1
- CfP: “Social Finance, Impact Investing, and the Financialization of the Public Interest” conference, Centre for Globalisation and Governance, Hamburg University (Germany), 23-24 March, 2017. A limited number of grants will be available to cover travel and residence costs. DL: November 2.
- CfP: “Black Sea Political Economy and Regional Security” International Congress, Marmara University, Istanbul, 12-13 December, 2016. Congress participation is free of charge. Extended DL: November 5
- CfP: “Valuation, Technology and Society” workshop, College Court, Leicester (UK), 21-22 April 2017. DL: November 10
- CfP: The 13th Workshop on New Institutionalism, Hebrew University of Jerusalem on 19-20 March 2017. DL: November 14
- CfP: The European Academy of Management Early Career Colloquium on “Impact“, Rabat Business School, International University of Rabat (Morocco), March 5-7, 2017. 3 travel grants for African-based PhD students, Postdocs and assistant professors will be distributed on a competitive basis. DL for participation: November 15; DL for grant application: October 30.
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Sociology, specializing in critical political economy and world-systems analysis or critical labor and migration studies or the politics of resistance, Department of Sociology, State University of New York – Binghamton. DL: October 17
- Tenure Track position in Development Studies, University of Helsinki, Finland. Additional merit will be granted for areas including: global political economy, global trade rules and institutions, political economy of development, development policy and cooperation, and social movements DL: November 3
- Post-doc position in International Mobility at the project “Public Attitudes to the Welfare State: Russia and Europe Compared“, Leuven University (Belgium). DL: October 15
- Postdoctoral research position studying “social network through time“, ETH Zurich (Switzerland). DL: October 15
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Network Analysis, Global Production Networks Centre and the Department of Sociology, National University of Singapore. DL: November 1
Invitation to a roundtable:
- “Fablab, espace de co-working: bricoler un nouveau monde?” roundtable (9 novembre, 16:00) at conference des Journées de l’économie, Fondation pour l’Université de Lyon, 8-10 november 2016 (Hôtel de Région)