See below a list of great academic opportunities: calls for papers, job and postdoc positions and a spring school on various themes and topics in economic sociology and political economy, with January 14 – February 5 deadlines. Share this list with your colleagues and students. Good luck!
Calls for papers:
- CfP: “What’s Next? Disruptive/Collaborative Economy or Business as Usual?”, the Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics conference, Université Claude-Bernard, Lyon (France), 29 June – 1 July, 2017.
SASE is THE scholarly and professional organization of economic sociologists and political economists. Its meetings are always intellectual fetes because of the richness of insightful contents and illuminating researches, as well as a warm stimulating atmosphere. SASE has 16 Research Networks focusing on various aspects of the socio-political study of the economy, and during the meeting will be also held 16 thematic mini-conferences. DL: February 3.
The Early Career Workshop (a day prior the conference) provides career development and networking opportunities at SASE for PhD students and researchers having obtained their PhD within 3 years. Each workshop participant has their full main conference fee waived. Full conference accommodation is also paid, including the additional night for the workshop. DL: February 3.
- CfP: “Transformation: Knowledge, Power, Wealth“, the international Philosophy, Politics and Economics Conference, Witten/Herdecke University, Germany, 21–23 April 2017. DL: January 14
- CfP: “Capitalist Development in Hostile Environments: 30 Years Later” conference, University of Calabria (Italy), June 6-8, 2017. DL: February 5
- CfP: “(Un)Making Europe: Capitalism, Solidarities, Subjectivities“, the 13th European Sociological Association conference, Athens, Greece, 29 August – 1 September, 2017. DL: February 1
- CfP: “Paradoxes of Human Security“, the 4th International Conference on International Relations and Development, Thammasat University in Bangkok, 23-24 June, 2017. DL: January 15
- CfP: “The Changing Face of Industrial Relations: New Borders, New Frontiers” conference, University of Portsmouth (UK), 28 – 30 June, 2017. DL: February 3
- CfP: “William Faulkner and Money” conference, The University of Mississippi (USA), July 23-27, 2017. DL: January 31
- CfP: The 13th Workshop on New Institutionalism in Organization Theory, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 18-20 March, 2017. DL: January 23
- CfP: The 10th International Critical Management Studies Conference, Liverpool, UK, July 3 – 5, 2017. Several conference streams are related to economic sociology and political economy. DL: January 31
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in economic sociology, political sociology, social theory and social policy, at the Department of Sociology, Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia). DL: January 29
- Assistant Professor in sociology (focusing on the crossroads between economic sociology, sociology of instruments and sociology of organizations), Sciences Po (Paris, France). DL: January 31
- (Up to 3) Postdoctoral Positions in Economic Sociology and Political Economy, The Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, Cologne (Germany). DL: January 31
CfP: “The intergenerational transmission of socio-economic status and inequality: patterns and mechanisms”, a spring school for PhD students at Collegio Carlo Alberto (Moncalieri, Turin, Italy), 7-11 March 2017. Participants will be provided with hotel accommodation, lunches and the social dinner. DL: February 5