See below a list of great academic opportunities: calls for papers and job openings in various themes and topics in economic sociology and political economy, with November 15 – December 15 deadlines. Share this list with your colleagues and students. Good luck!!
Calls for Papers:
- CfP: The 2nd International Conference on Discourse approaches to financial communication “Building trust in the markets with story and argument“, Università della Svizzera italiana, Lugano (Switzerland), July 3-6, 2017. DL: November 15
- CfP: The 2017 Doctoral Colloquium in Business History to be held before the Business History Conference, Denver (Colorado, US), March 29-30, 2017. DL: November 15
- CfP: “The legacy of Ludwig Lachmann: Interdisciplinary perspectives on institutions, agency and uncertainty“, the 3rd Symposium of the World Interdisciplinary Network for Institutional Research, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa), 11-13 April 2017. DL: November 30
- CfP: “Interest from the Perspective of Islamic Economics“, the 5th Islamic Economics Workshop, Sakarya (Turkey), 1-2 April 2017. DL: November 30
- CfP: “Money in Africa: Monetary and Financial Decolonisation in Africa in the 20th Century” conference, Bank of Portugal, Lisbon (Portugal), 10 October, 2017. DL: November 30
- CfP: “Maintainers II: Labor, Technology, and Social Orders” conference, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken (New Jersey, US), April 6-8, 2017. DL: December 1
- CfP: “Financialization and Beyond: Debt, Money, Wealth, and the Capture of Value“, the Society of Economic Anthropology and the International Sociological Association’s Economy and Society research committee conference, University of Iowa (Iowa City, USA), April 6-8, 2017. DL: December 1
- CfP: “The Legacy of the Haute-banque in the World, from the 19th to the 21st century” conference, Paris (France), June 23, 2017. DL: December 1
- CfP: “New Economic Sociology and Sociology: Where Do They Meet? Where Do They Diverge?“, the Polish Sociological Association Section of Economic Sociology conference, Warsaw University (Poland), 22-23 May, 2017. DL: December 10
- CfP: “Chains of Value: How Intermediaries Evaluate Financial Instruments” conference, University of Edinburgh (UK), 4-5 May 2017. DL: December 15
- Assistant Professor in Economic Sociology (a full-time tenure-stream), the Department of Sociology at the University of Toronto Scarborough. DL: December 12
- Assistant Professor in Development Sociology (tenure track), St. Lawrence University (Saint Lawrence County, New York). Preference will be given to candidates who have historically grounded appreciation of social relations and institutional patterns of uneven social and economic change. No DL; Open (from Oct 4th) until filled.
- Visiting Fellowships at The Center for the History of Global Development – Shanghai University (China) for scholars working on projects related to the history of policies, concepts, practices or debates related to socio-economic development on local, national, regional or global levels. DL: December 1