See below an abundant list of great academic opportunities: calls for papers, summer schools, PhD and MA fellowships and job openings in various topics and themes in economic sociology and political economy, with June 1 – July 15 deadlines.
Share this list with your colleagues and students. Good luck!
Calls for papers for conferences:
- CfP: “Squaring the Circle: Integrating Theories and Empirical Analyses in Economic Sociology“, the ESA RN09 Economic Sociology midterm conference, Universidad Carlos III, (Madrid, Spain), 22-24 September 2016. DL: June 15.
- CfP: “Organizing Equality“, an international conference, University of Western Ontario, (London, Canada), 24-26 March, 2017. Travel bursaries are available for participants from the global south. DL: June 1.
- CfP: “Fictions of Management”, an international conference at the John F. Kennedy Institute, Freie Universität Berlin, December 8-10, 2016. DL June 15.
Doctoral positions and studentships:
- PhD bursary to study Securitisation and Urban Policy Making, De Montfort University’s Centre for Urban Research on Austerity (Leicester, UK). DL: July 1.
- PhD studentship “Welfare states in transition“, the Institute for Policy Research and the Department for Social & Policy Sciences, University of Bath (Somerset, United Kingdom). DL: June 9.
- PhD fully-funded position on the topic: “How are social divides produced in contemporary European labour markets? A macro-micro-macro study of the impact of labour market policy, employment and welfare institutions on working conditions, job quality and the social rights of workers”, Centre for Sociological Research (CeSO), KU Leuven, Belgium. DL: June 19.
- New Master’s programme “History & Economics“, History Department, University of Bayreuth (Bavaria, Germany). DL: July 15
- LL.M./M.Sc. program in Comparative Law, Economics and Finance, at The International University College of Turin (Italy). A program aims at nurturing a pluralistic understanding of the institutional foundations of global capitalism. DL: June 10.
Summer schools and courses:
- 19th Summer School on History of Economic Thought, Economic Philosophy and Economic History “Radical changes and transitions: economics and its relations with other disciplines“, Cargèse (Corsica, France), 5-10 September, 2016. Open for PhD student and junior scholars. DL: June 12.
- Summer School for graduate students in Economics and Philosophy, University of the Basque Country, San Sebastian (Spain), 11-13 July, 2016. DL: June 15.
- Summer School in Global Politics, Development, Regulation and Security, Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals, June 27 – July 1, 2016. There are 8 various courses for PhD / MA students. DL: June 12.
- Professorship with special responsibilities in the field of Economic Sociology at the Department of Business and Politics, Copenhagen Business School. DL: June 15.
- Scholarly Teaching Fellow (early career academics) in Political Economy, at the Department of Political Economy at the University of Sydney. DL: June 19.
- Research Assistant for a fixed term of 2 years to work within the new ESRC Centre for Understanding Sustainable Prosperity, Goldsmiths, University of London. The role is to work on a research exploring the ‘Meaning and Moral Framings of Sustainable Prosperity‘. This theme of research draws together moral, philosophical, political, economic and sociological lines of enquiry. DL: June 2.
- Lectureship / Senior Lectureship / Readership in International Political Economy, City University London. DL: June 7.
- Training Workshop on Imperialism Today, The International initiative for Promoting Political Economy, at SOAS (Vernon Square Campus, London), 27 June 2016, 10am to 5.30pm. Speakers: Lucia Pradella, John Smith, Tony Norfield and Michael Roberts.